Damien M Richards
Damien received his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida in 2007. Prior to graduating from Stetson, he earned a Bachelor of Science degree, concentrating in Legal Studies and minoring in Criminal Justice from the University of Central Florida in 1999, and a Masters of Business Administration degree with dual concentrations in Finance and Management from Rollins College Crummer Graduate School of Business in Winter Park, Florida in 2003.
Damien currently focuses his practice on real estate and business law, including condominium and homeowner association law, real estate transaction/title work, and corporate documentation and contract law, including dental and medical office buy and sells. While in law school, Damien worked with several large Central Florida companies and their in-house counsel departments, practicing in areas ranging from franchise law and real estate ventures, to working on a billion dollar supply contact with Fortune 100 companies.
Prior to law school, Damien worked for several years in the brokerage industry, where he was licensed by the NASD and functioned as an operations manager, whose functions included overseeing multiple trading desks, millions of dollars in daily trades and not only establishing rules and procedures to meet the SEC and NASD regulations but also ensuring their strict compliance.
Damien has also had the opportunity to gain experience overseas, including working on consulting projects in Brazil and Ireland, as well as studying Business Law in China and Business Management in London and Brussels. Damien became licensed with Odyssey Travel as a Florida Seller of Travel and travels internationally as often as possible.
Damien is currently or has belonged to:
- Chair (2016) of the Volusia County ECHO Advisory Committee.
- Rotary Club of Ormond Beach – Board Member – Current President Elect
- Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law Circuit Committee – Seventh Circuit “A”
- Salvation Army of Volusia/Flagler Advisory Board – Former
- Volusia/Flagler University of Central Florida Alumni Club – Former Chair
- Volusia County 2010 Census Complete Count Committee – Former Chair of the Housing/Homeowner Associations Subcommittee
- Ormond Beach Housing Authority’s Former – Board of Commissioners, as appointed by the Mayor
- Ormond Beach Historic Landmark Preservation Board – Former
- Central Florida Political Leadership Institute that is organized by BusinessForce, the “Political Action Arm” of the Central Florida Partnership
- The American Bar Association
- The Volusia County Bar Association – Former
- The Florida Bar Association of which he belongs to The Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section (RPPTL) and is on the Condominium & Planned Development Committee
- The Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce – Former
- The Daytona Beach Young Professionals Group – Former Co-Chair of the Local Government and Vision Committee
- The Daytona Beach Quarterback Club – Former
- Tiger Bay Club of Volusia County Former Board of Directors
- Certified County Mediator in Florida
- United States Distric Court for the MIddle District of Florida
- United Cerebral Palsy of East Central Florida – Former
- Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce Leadership Committee, of which he is a graduate of Leadership Class VI 2009
- Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Daytona Class of XXXI
- Volusia/Flagler Business Reports Young Business Leaders of 2010.
- Current Licenses:
- Florida Realtor
- Florida Seller of Travel
- Title Insurance